Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I am...

Christopher Worley
Mrs. Hayley Fraser
Creative Writing
7 January 2013

I Am…
I am…
A young man with the world at his feet and books in his hands.
A pair of cowboy boots that protect from what is outside.
A grandson, wishing he could live in his Papa’s small town where everyone knows everyone and the only cooking is home cooking.
A walking book, knowing the answer to almost any problem, or knowing how to get the answer.
A guy who loves nature, guns, and the freedoms of the great nation of America.
A fast car with unlimited gas.
Long drives in the country with no purpose.
A slow river, a old tire, and a glass of sweet tea.
A hard worker that enjoys getting the answer in math because there is always only one answer and when one answer is available, everything is simpler.
The one who makes the choices, because when I hang out with either my friends or girlfriend, no one wants to make any choices.
Chill to the world and the lover of having a lazy day on any and every day that ends in “y.”
A procrastinator who enjoys sleep, but puts sleep and work off to hang with friends at anytime.
The guy you call first to help because I will always be there for my friends.
The guy you want at the party because any party I go to is sure to be interesting with wild games of tag with sticks, zombies, or even extreme basketball.
The inventor of wild, crazy, and shameless fun.
The freer of souls that are bound by the ideas of structure and rules and the thoughts that society has put into their heads that since they are older now, it is unacceptable to be as children, when the true fact is, that in the society we live today, children are the only ones not doing drugs, drinking, partying, having sex, killing people, and committing suicide.

5 comments:

  1. Chris, I enjoyed your perspective in the last stanza of your poem. I've never heard that idea expressed so clearly.

    Ms. Ferkel

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree sweet tea is bomb

    ReplyDelete
  3. a fast car withunlimited gas? i couldnt have said it better myself. lol you sir are a ball of energy! i enjoyed the poem

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the line: a slow river, an old tire and a glass of sweet tea...really captures a way of living I could subscribe to. I may not have quite the energy you do, but I do share your sense of open-mindedness...Can't wait to learn more about you.

    ReplyDelete