Monday, March 4, 2013

Real Enough

I believe that Dan does want his kids to “do as I say, not as I do.” This is because of the fact that all parents say this. Parents all around want their kids to have better lives than what they had. Parents cat not live seeing their kids make the same mistakes they have and do make. I suspect that Dan did not rush into his relationship with his kid’s mother. This is why Dan doesn’t believe that love happens that fast. He is scared; it’s as simple as that. No matter what happens, parents have almost always been in the same type of situation their kids have been in, so that the parents know how to get out and make the situation better.
Something that people do not know about me is that I am easily angered and I will make my point clear no matter the consequences. A perfect example is their past weekend. A debater that I went against, before the round, told me that they would beat me in the debate and show me why he was A spot. Normally I am very calm on the outside and I understand I don’t know the most about everything, and I am not the best debater. However, by him saying this, it only angered me to the point where I took his whole case, which has only been beaten once this whole year, and tore it to shreds.
My special talent to that I am able to deal with many different types of people and merge into groups, easily making friends. I am an outgoing person, who is normally light hearted and I enjoy making people laugh. With this in mind, it is common for me to be in many different social circles and know many people throughout the building.
As a child I did not have nicknames my family called me. My friends would call me Chris and that angered my mother. She would always yell, “I named you Christopher! If I wanted your name to be Chris, I would’ve name you that!” I still enjoy referring to myself as Chris in front of her just to make her a little annoyed. The only nick name I really had a Little Tony. My grandfather’s name is Tony and I apparently looked a lot like him at birth.

1 comment:

  1. I only really realized as an adult just how much my parents knew and didn't say...

    I like how you used your rage to push you to victory--or at least I assume you won--it's funny how getting angry can motivate us.

    Little Tony is a cute nickname! Sounds like the owner or a pizza place or maybe a mobster! :)

    ReplyDelete