Monday, March 4, 2013

Ice, Ice, Storm

Many people lived without power for a few weeks early in the year of 2007. However, I did not. I only lost power for about 5 minutes at a time, and only three times. But the times I did lose power were the worst possible times to not have power. The first time I had almost beaten my cousin at a racing game. He had told me for over a year that he was the best at this game, and now I was going to prove him wrong. I knocked him into a wall and passed him while he tried to regain his speed. About four seconds before I crossed the finish line, the whole basement went dark and the tv shut off. It took my a few seconds to realize that the game also was shut off.
 The next time was when I was about to beat him again, but at a different game. This time, it was football. I was like 3 points away from winning with a little over 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter. I had the ball and starting running up the field. I had 30 seconds to score or lose. I was tackled on my own 40 by my cousin’s safety. The next play I passed the ball about 6 yards from the line to my tight end, who immediately tore up field and dodged the tackle by the safety. I had only like 10 seconds to run 20 more yards when the tv again went dark and we were left there stunned in the pitch black.
The third time the lights went out, I was not playing games sadly. I was in the middle of washing my hair in the shower. When all of the sudden my lights went out. The water was still going, but I couldn’t move. And from that experience, I learned the baby soap that says “no more tears” was lying to me and kids everywhere.

1 comment:

  1. Great closing line! :) Everyone seemed to enjoy the shower story when you told it in class...

    ReplyDelete