Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Teaching Teachers the Musical parts of Music

Most teachers agree that when a song comes on the radio that they like, then they sing loudly along with the song while turning up the music. I agree and I would even go as far to say that most teens would as well. this leads me to believe that poeple always have the same likes and dislikes, to a point. the only thing that changes, is our age and how we look.



It surprised me that many teachers actually do go to concerts. The most surprising thing about it is that they go more often than I do! But every one differed on who they saw.



The radio stations teachers I asked listened to normally listen to Alice, Power, and Pandora. I normally listen to The Beat, Power, or KTTS. This shows me that most teachers listen to the same things student do.



Another thing that most teachers had in common was that the music they listened to as a kid normally depended on thier parents. I can relate since my music also was chosen by the poeple in the front of the car, AKA my parents.



Music also had an interesting affect on memories of teachers. Most teachers would have songs remind them of poeple close to them. Normally a husband or wife. Next would be a child, then parents or grandparents. the songs I listen to normally remind me of family or friends. I enjoy listening to song that remind me of fun times I had with friends or family.

1 comment:

  1. I've been to lots of concerts! Most recently Zak Brown Band this past weekend...it was great! I love your line about your music being chosen by whoever was in the front of the car. So true.

    ReplyDelete